Monday, July 16, 2007
Vets for Freedom has organized a rally to press against the Surge against the Surge. OIF and OEF Vets are strongly urged to join Vets for Freedom in Congressional visits and media appearances on Capital Hill on Tuesday, July 17th:
The response from vets has been very strong and is gaining momentum every hour. Already, at least 25 veterans from around the country--on very short notice and on their own dime--have committed to traveling to
Our vets have small group meetings scheduled with a number of prominent--yet wobbly--senators, and will also have a group meeting with Senate leaders to discuss
It's not too late for you to join us! If you'd like to come, just go to www.vetsforfreedom.org/tenweeks and sign up. Or RSVP with Adriel Domenech, our Field Director, at 501-412-1224. I hope vets in local states--
And again, if you're not sure if you should get involved, check out what radical anti-war groups are planning. They go so far as to "express solidarity with the resistance movements in [
2 Urgent Action Items:
1) Sunday's New York Times included an egregious front-page article about how, supposedly, military families are turning against the war in droves. The piece is full of anecdotes, and short on fact. Please write a brief letter to the editor today, taking issue with the story. Click here to read the article.
Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep them short (less than 150 words) and make clear which story you are responding to (also include your address and phone number). The most powerful story you can tell is your own, but also feel free to cite some of the facts below:
· The story mentions a group called 'Iraq Veterans Against the War', which was started in 2004 and boasts 500 members. But it failed to mention Vets for Freedom, which was started in 2006 (two years later) and already has over 5,000
· The story mentions a group called 'Military Families Speak Out', which was started in 2002 and boasts 3,500 member families. But it failed to mention Families United for our Troops and Their Mission, which was started in August, 2005 and already has 37,000 members who believe in the mission. (http://www.familiesunitedmission.com)
· The story mentions a group called 'Appeal for Redress' which was started in September, 2006 and boasts 2,000 members. But it failed to mention the Appeal for Courage, which was also started in 2006 and already has over 3,300 members who believe in the mission. (www.AppealforCourage.org)
· Side note: Vets for Freedom is coordinating with both Families United and Appeal for Courage to ensure maximum effectiveness.
2) Don't forget to call the 2 Senators from your home-state on Tuesday, to reinforce the efforts of our "Vets on the Hill." Click here to see the Senate directory.
Together, our voices will be heard on Capitol Hill and throughout
The MILBLOGS know full well what we’re up against in biased media and obstructionist partisan politics. Let’s see if we can’t get some attention for voices that actually support our efforts.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]