Monday, August 08, 2005

 

The Law Upon Our Hearts

Gladmanly has a post up, based on the second chapter of Paul's letter to the early Christian fellowship in Rome (Romans 2:17-29).

An excerpt:
I’ve paused for a period of reflection in my walk through Paul’s letter to the Romans. I’d like to make it sound like this was my idea, like I devoted the past week and more to reflecting on what it means for the “law to be written on our hearts.”

But that would be false. I have spent the better part of two weeks struggling against God.

Not that I recognized it that way, but that’s what I was doing. I sought release and escape in my own pursuits. Under grace, I avoided any sense of responsibility or accountability for my walk, my prayer life, reading His word, honoring my commitments, or even in the things I find to distract me from the sometime loneliness and ever present ache for home.

Are the things I speak of the kind of things that would hurt or harm my family, or bring discredit to my unit or my soldiers? Not at all. In the world’s eyes, they might at best be considered sins of omission, things I might have done, no wrongs committed. But God wants us to see ourselves and our behaviors through His eyes, not the world’s.
To read more, follow the link to Gladmanly.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]