Wednesday, September 21, 2005

 

Sheehan's Hope-o-Matic

Tim Blair takes a very wicked cut at the New York Times for some really stupid "reporting," in which their reporter makes the statement:
Many New Yorkers said yesterday that Ms. Sheehan gave them back hope that was lost when war was declared on Iraq.
And Tim has a field day running through the possible forms these "many New Yorkers" phrased these obviously candid utterances for the Grey Lady.

My favorite:
“When war was declared on Iraq, I felt the hope drain from me. Since I hooked up to Ms. Sheehan’s Hope-O-Matic, however, I’m totally loaded with A-grade, super quality HOPE!”
Why the esteemed editors at the Times can even imagine this is "reporting" is beyond me. (Yes, "scare" quotes intentional.)

(Via Instapundit)

Links: Basil's Blog





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]