Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

A Letter from Mahmoud

James Lileks post a very humorous Screed, a send-up of the Iranian President’s heartfelt letter to President Bush. As only Lileks could do…

Among the best bits:

. . . Seriously, when I came to the UN and you didn’t even send a fruit basket, it hurt. Did you not see how well I was received? Did you not see the light of God that surrounded me when I spoke, how no one blinked as I related our message, how doves came out of my mouth and the pants of all were filled with flowers. Did you not note how the exact number of letters I spoke divided by the sum (in Euros) we paid the Chinese engineers was the winning lottery number the following week? Including the Powerball? And you seek to confound my work to bring back the Messiah and bring the world once more into the arms of Islam? Including all penguins?

Read the whole Screed.

(Via Instapundit)






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]